Blog Post #3

The most memorable reading moment in ELAR was fourth grade. At the school that I attended it was always an unsaid thing that if you got Mr. Jones fourth grade you would be in the “fun class”. I got into his class and I don't remember many details but he always made learning fun and the classmates I had, we were always enjoying the class and all the activities. The one particular assignment that I feel I remember the most was where we had to get a cereal box and decorate it ourselves into a cereal that you would sell in the grocery store. He walked us through every part on what or how a cereal sells. This is where I probably learned how to draw box letters for the first time. He would always emphasize how important the name of the cereal was represented on the box. 

I don't remember the cereal title I made, but his class made a big impact on me and how creative I am in life now.



Tips that I would have for myself and other future teachers…


I think that with most writing lessons, rehearse what you are teaching to work out any mistakes or errors. I feel like doing this has saved me so many times on a lot of assignments where I have done lessons. It's one thing to write it but when you're working the lesson, things can go wrong especially when you have five different groups of five year olds or a class of twenty one kids. Practice makes Perfect-ish...


Another thing I feel is important is not being afraid to ask for help. I feel like most of the time when you ask a question, most of the time there is someone that is to afraid to ask and is in the same state as you may be. Speaking up can be very beneficial to not just yourself but to others as well. There is no such thing as a stupid question.



Comments